Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Whack Hand: Book of the Whack

Chapter 1, Verse 1:

I mean whack as in something a gangster may find unacceptable. There's no innuendo's here. Ever. Plus, with "hand" in there....it's just too much. Quit thinking about it. Maybe I should have just used the improper spelling of "wack" and your minds would be in the right place. I don't believe in the backspace key. C'est la vie.

So airline food is different. And why do all the evil versions of superheroes have receding hairlines? I want a hero that looks like Ed O'Neil.

I'm enjoying a vacation in San Diego, about to project my misery all over Comic Con. What better way to spend a vacation than by depressing myself reading The Question slowly die of cancer in the midst of a bitter lesbian tryst. I've never read 52, and it's good, despite the depressing parts. I guess the depressing parts are mostly what makes it so compelling though. I haven't made it to the end, but I've picked up on most of the hints and I'm positive that Supernova is Pauly Shore. Just know that I called it.

If anybody has listened to the second podcast, it's gotta be painfully obvious that there's way more that I haven't read than I have. Sorry about that.

I'm going to take a moment to push my record collection on everyone. Unauthorized! I just got the 7" for "Digging for Something" by Superchunk, easily my favorite band. Some guy from The Mountain Goats provides backing vocals on the titular track, and it's kind of annoying, but otherwise and incredible song.

I'm Jason. Leave me alone, and go listen to this:

Digging For Something

I love you.

No comments: